Thursday 16 April 2009

Breakfast of Champions, or Fat Boys

Day 11- Rest Day
Alas it didn't turn out to strictly be a rest day today as I had to take the bike a couple of miles up the road to North Bend to get the rear wheel rebuilt by the very helpful folk at Moe's Bike shop. However, those 5 miles confirmed to me both just how stuffed I am and also, even if I wasn't, then just how little there was to see in this town - basically think Dundee and you're not far off. So a day of much resting, laundry and excessive eating ensued. Speaking of copious consumption, this pic was from earlier in the trip, in the Sunflour cafe across the road from Wayne & Stacey's in Seattle. While I didn't quite manage it all that day, it shows the sort of quantity that's now a daily occurrence for me.

Wifi in the motel stuffed hence I'll likely not be able to post this til I set off to Gold Beach tomorrow. Edging even closer to California, and the monster day on the Mattole Road.

2 comments:

  1. Thought it was a picture of a local simpleton at first....
    You'll need a stomach trasnplant by the end of this trip if you're shovelling that much away every day!
    All sounds like it's going well - I guess the wheel rebuild was inevitable, and I'm sure there'll be more running repairs required before the trip is over!
    Keep up the good work,

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a strange picture as it looks as though you have lost weight since i saw you two weeks ago. Have you been going to a gym or climbing mountains as well as this wee cycle ride lol

    ReplyDelete